BC, MBC, DNC and Minorities Welfare
Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Department is providing various schemes for the all round development of those people belongs to BC /MBC and Minorities Community.
The Government of Tamil Nadu is now providing following reservation benefits for BCs/MBCs/DNCs in appointments in State Public Services and admissions into Educational Institutions irrespective of income of the individual/family.
|SL.NO||Reservation Catogory||Reservation in %|
|1.||Backward Classes (Except BC Muslims)||26.5 %|
|2.||Backward Class Muslims||3.5 %|
|3.||Most Backward Classes and Minorities||20 %|
|5.||Scheduled Tribes||1 %|
In Ranipet District there are 45 School / College Boys/ Girls hostels are functioning for the purpose of serving poor students. Around 2705 Boys and girls are studying in various classes from 4th to 10th by staying in these hostels.
Following facilities are provided to the hostel boarders in free of cost,
- Four sets of uniform are stitched and supplied to each student every year.
- Free Special Guides are supplied to each student to help them to increase their academic knowledge who are appearing for 10th and 12th Standard Public examinations.
- To facilitate the students staying in the hostels the following items (ie) Sports Articles, Plate, Tumbler, Mat, Bed Sheet, Pillow and Purified water, Library facilities were supplied to all the hostel boarders.
DETAILS OF HOSTELS OPERATED IN RANIPET DISTRICT
|S. No.||Hostel Details||Backward Class Hostels||Most Backward Class Hostels||Minority Welfare Hostels||Total|
|1.||School Boys Hostel||9||12||0||21|
|2.||School Girls Hostel||6||6||0||12|
|3.||College Boys Hostel||4||1||1||6|
|4.||College Girls Hostel||2||2||2||6|
- Bedsheets and Mats
- Purified Water
- Soaps, Paste, Hair oil also supplied in free to the students
- Eggs are served to students 5 days in a week and Chicken / Mutton are provided weekly once to the Hostel Boarders
- Career Guidance Programme are conducted to 10th and 12th Hostel boarders for improving the career opportunities through Employment department yearly
- One English Calendar and Two Tamil Calendars are supplied to the hostels
Eligibility to join in Hostels:
- School Students from 4th Standard to 12th Standard will be admitted in School hostels and Diploma,UG and PG students will be admitted in College Hostels.
- Applications can be received from respective Wardens / Matrons and also in District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Office situated in District Collector’s Office.
- Annual income of the parents should not exceed Rs.1,00,000/-
- Residence of the student should be more than 8 kms from their educational institution. ( Distance criteria will not applicable for Girl student)
Private Hostel for which Boarding Grant is sanctioned in Ranipet District:
In Ranipet District, a private hostel which has been approved by the Backward Class Department namely ‘DEENABANDHU ASHRAM’ is running in Walajah.
Feeding Charges @ Rs.650/- PM were sanctioned per student to all the hostel boarders who were staying in the above private hostel.
Scholarship being provided to all the students relating to Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes & Minority Community Students by the following Schemes.
BC / MBC / Denotified Community students from 6th std to 10th std students who are studying English medium in Government / Government Aided schools, the amount paid by the students being reimbursed through this scheme.
Scholarship amount of Rs.200/- being paid for the students from 6th to 8th standard and Rs.250/- for the students studying in 9th and 10th Standard.
Post Matric Scholarship
English Medium Tuition Fees Reimbursement for 11th and 12th Students :
BC / MBC / Denotified Community students of 11th std and 12th std students who are studying English medium in Government / Government Aided schools, the amount paid by the students are being reimbursed through this scheme. A sum of Rs.500/- are reimbursed through this scheme
Post Matric Scholarship to College Boys and Girls
Scholarship amount being sanctioned to Students relating to Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities who are studying Full Time / Part time UG / PG /Professional Courses under the stipulated conditions.
Free Education Scholarship for Three years U.G Degree Courses
Scholarship being sanctioned to Students relating to Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities who are studying Three years Arts Course and Science Courses in Government / Government Aided Colleges.
Free Education Scholarship for three year Diploma
Scholarship being sanctioned to Students relating to Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities who are studying Three years Course in Government / Government Aided Polytechnics.
Free Education Scholarship for Professional Courses
Scholarship being sanctioned to Students relating to Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities who are studying Professional Courses in Government / Government Aided Professional Colleges.
Eligibility for applying scholarships:
- Annual income of the parents should not exceed 2 lakhs
- Students should apply for scholarship only through their educational institutions where they are studying
- Scholarship amount are disbursed by ECS directly to the student’s savings bank account
- Post Graduation, Professional Course scholarship will be given only to the first graduate of the family.
- For further information students can contact their respective educational institutions
RURAL GIRLS INCENTIVE
- This scheme is implemented for promoting awareness about education among the BC / MBC and Denotified Community girl students in rural areas.
- An incentive amount of Rs. 500/- per child from 3rd to 5th Standard and Rs.1000/- per child for 6th Standard student has been paid as incentive for the students who are studying in the govt and aided schools in Rural areas.
- Parents annual income should not exceed Rs.72000/- for availing this benefit.
FREE DISTRIBUTION OF CYCLES TO STUDENTS OF XIth STANDARD
- Backward, Most Backward Classes, Denotified and Minority boys and girls who are studying 11th standard in Government, Government Aided and partly aided schools were supplied free bi-cycles by the Government through this scheme.
- Students who are staying in hostels situated within the school premises are not eligible to get Free Bi-cycles under this scheme.
DISTRIBUTION OF FREE TAILORING MACHINE
The beneficiary should belong to Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities. The annual income should not exceed Rs.72,000/- and the beneficiary should have Tailoring Knowledge and the age of the beneficiary should be from 20 to 45 years.
DISTRIBUTION OF FREE IRON BOXES:
- Beneficiary should belong to Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities and doing washing work.
- The annual income should not exceed Rs.72, 000/- .
DISTRIBUTION OF FREE HOUSE SITE PATTAS:
- Free House site pattas are issued to the people by acquiring lands through direct negotiation, who are not having own house or house site and should belong to Backward Classes / Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities.
- Family annual income should not exceed Rs.72,000/- .
TAMIL NADU NARIKORAVAR WELFARE BOARD & DENOTIFIED COMMUNITIES WELFARE BOARD
Financial Assistance is given to all the registered members such like Tamilnadu Manual Workers Welfare Board. The benefits such as Education, Marriage Assistance, Maternity Assistance, Spectacles, Accident Relief, Accident Disability relief, Natural Death, Old age Pension were provided to the registered members.
|SNo||Details of Assistance||Assistance Rs.|
|1||Personal Accident Relief|
|A. Accident Death||Rs 1,00,000|
|B. Accident Disability||Rs.10,000/- to Rs.1,00,000 as per the percentage of disability|
|2||Natural Death||Rs 15,000|
|3||Funeral Expenses||Rs 2,000|
|4||Educational Assistance (For two children of the worker)|
|(i) if the son or daughter passed 10th Std||Rs 1,000|
|(ii) if the son or daughter passed 10th Std||Rs 1,000|
|(iii) if the daughter is studying 11th Std||Rs 1,000|
|(iv) if the daughter is studying 12th std||Rs 1,500|
|(v) if the son or daughter passed 12th std||Rs 1,500|
|5||Regular Bachelor Degree Course|
|For Each Academic Year||Rs. 1,500|
|For Hostel Students||Rs. 1,750|
|6||Regular Post Graduate Course|
|For Each Academic Year||Rs. 4,000|
|For Hostel Students||Rs. 5,000|
|7||Law, Engineering, Medicine, Veterinary Science & allied Professional course|
|For Each Academic Year||Rs. 4,000|
|For Hostel Students||Rs. 6,000|
|8||Post Graduate Professional Course|
|For Each Academic Year||Rs. 6,000|
|For Hostel Students||Rs. 8,000|
|9||I.T.I. or Polytechnic Course|
|For Each Academic Year||Rs. 1,000|
|For Hostel Students||Rs. 1,200|
|10||Marriage Assistance For Women||Rs. 5,000|
|Maternity Assistance||Rs. 6,000|
|11||Miscarriage/Medical Termination||Rs. 3,000|
|12||Spectacles Assistance||Upto Rs. 500|
|13||Pension||Rs. 1000/- pm|
For Narikoravar Board Members
|Grant for own business||Rs.7500/-|
|A. Grant for own business for single person||Rs.10,000/-|
|B. Group Business Rs.125000/-||Rs.125000/-|
TAMILNADU BACKWARD CLASSES ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (TABCEDCO)
The object of the Corporation is to provide loans for the economically and financially viable schemes, trade or project to the individuals, Groups, Societies, belonging to the Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities at lower interest rates for their economic upliftment through the following Sub-Chanelising Agencies.
Loans for following business are given:
- Petty Cash business and Small scale business
- Artisan and Traditional Occupation
- Young Professional graduates
- For studying Professional courses
Eligibility for availing loans:
- Beneficiary should belong to Backward /Most Backward Classes and Denotified Community
- Annual income should not exceed Rs.98,000/- in rural areas and Rs.120000/- in urban areas
- Beneficiary age should be more than 18 years and less than 60 years
- Only one person in a family will be allowed to avail this loan
Loans with Grant for digging borewell for Small scale Farmers :
Loans upto Rs.1 Lakh are sanctioned to economically less farmers belongs to Backward Class, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Community for digging borewells. This scheme was implemented by TABCEDCO from 2007-2008. In this scheme a maximum of Rs.1,00,000/- are sanctioned for the purpose of digging borewells for agriculture purpose.50% of the above loan amount will be given by the government as grants and the remaining the 50% will be paid by the beneficiary.
Directorate of Minorities Welfare are constituted which is headed by an officer in the rank of Indian Administrative Service for implementing the schemes for the improvement of Socio economic development of minority people in Tamilnadu and to supervise the effective implementation of Prime Minister’s 20 point programme.
The details of Scholarship schemes implemented to the Minority students belonging to Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsi and Jain Communities studying in Government / Government Aided and in all Recognized Institutions with the financial assistance from Central Governments are as follows:-. Scholarship will be disbursed to the students bank account directly by the Government of India.
|1.||1st Standard to 10th Standard||Pre Matric Scholarship|
|2.||11th to Ph.D||Post Matric Scholarship|
|3.||Professional Courses / Technical||Merit Cum Means Based Scholarship|
Under this scheme Scholarship amounting from Rs.1000/- to the maximum of Rs.30000/- were sanctioned by central government which was directly credited to the students account.
General Conditions for availing Educational Scholarship:
- Students born in Tamilnadu, even they study anywhere in India they are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Students applying for scholarship should acquire minimum 50% marks in previous year final exams.
- Only two children in a family will get scholarship under this scheme
- No scholarship will be given to the students who are studying through Distance Education.
- Students applying for Scholarship schemes implemented by Backward Class Department / Adidravidar Welfare Department /Other Departments / Welfare Boards will get the scholarship amount only from any one of the above said departments.
- Students who availed Professional scholarships for First graduate, is not eligible to apply for other scholarship based on the Qualification and Income
Procedures for applying Scholarship:
Students should apply for Scholarship only through online in following website www.scholarships.gov.in
After applying through the above website the application can been downloaded and it should be handed over to their respective educational institution.
Documents Required for Application:
- Mobile No
- E-mail Address
- Consolidated Mark Sheet
- Community Certificate (or) Self Declaration in Rs.10 /- Non-Judicial Stamp
- Income Certificate (or) Self Declaration in Rs.10 /- Non-Judicial Stamp
- Nativity Certificate
- Aadhaar Number
- Education Fees Receipt
- Active Savings Account and Bank Details ( with IFSC Code)
Procedures to be followed by Educational Institutions:
- Principal / Headmaster has to take necessary steps to register their institution in the website (ie) www.scholarships.gov.in for applying scholarships for their students, for register process please contact District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer (office located in District Collector Office)
- Principal / Headmaster should scrutinize the genuine of the applications received from students through online and submit the eligible applications along with enclosures to District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer through online
- All the Scholarship applications (Both Fresh and Renewal ) should be kept in office and it should be submitted to Audit of State and Central Government authorities whenever required.
ULEMA AND OTHER PERSONNEL WELFARE BOARD
Ulema and Other Personnel Welfare Board was formed in the year of 2009 and it is functioning for the Social, Economical and Educational advancement to the Ulemas In Tamil Nadu, the employees working in Mosque, Madharasas, Teachers in Arabic School, Mothinars, Bilals, Durgahs, Asharkhana Thaikkahs, Khabarasthan etc. are become eligible for members for availing financial assistance
Financial Assistance such as Scholarship, Marriage Assistance,Maternity, Abortion Assistance, Natural Death, Funeral Expenses,Accident Relief, Spectacles and Old Age Pension are given to all the registered members.
Eligibility to register in the board :
- Member should be between 18 years and 60 years
- Identity Card will be issued for the members who are registered in the above board
- Member should renew their card every 3 years
- Members who are getting benefits from this board are not eligible to avail benefits from any other such boards
MUSLIM WOMEN AID SOCIETY
District Muslim Women Aid Society was formed in all the Districts under the Chairmanship of District Collector for the welfare of Destitute, Abandoned and Old Age Women belonging to Muslim religion in Tamil Nadu.
- Matching Grant to a maximum of Rs.20.00 Lakhs per year at the rate of 1:2 ratio (with effect from 1.4.2012) to each Society equivalent to the amount of donation so collected by the Society are sanctioned by the Government.
- Financial Assistance is given to the needy muslim women to enhance their socio, economic status by giving training as Tailoring, Embroidery, Shoe Making, Craft works and also loan is sanctioned in lower interest to open Small scale business.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR JERUSALEM PILGRIMAGE
- The Government is implementing a scheme of providing financial assistance to undertake Pilgrimage for Jerusalem from the year 2011-12 onwards.
- There is a provision of 500 Christians to undertake trip every year.
- The Government financial assistance of Rs. 20000/- is given to each beneficiary.
- Jerusalem trip will be decided by the group and the trip will be organised by the travel agents.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR REPAIRS AND RENOVATION OF CHURCHES
The Government have introduced a financial assistance for Repairs and Renovation of Churches in Tamil Nadu during the year 2016-17.
Church should be registered and functioning in own building with minimum period of 10 years. Financial assistance will be sanctioned considering the damages and age of the churches. No financial support should be obtained from the foreign countries to this effect. The damages will be assessed by the committee constituted by the District Collector and be recommended to the HOD for seeking financial assistance after scrutinizing the approved Plan / Plan Estimates and age of the church building etc.
TAMIL NADU MINORITIES ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (TAMCO)
TAMCO is implementing Term Loan, Micro Finance & Education Loan for economic advancement of Minorities from the year 1999.
Loan schemes such as
- Individual Loan
- Self Help Group Loan
- Education loan were given through the above corporation.
Eligibility to avail loan:
- Beneficiary should belong to Minority Community
- Family Annual income should be less than Rs.98,000/- in Rural areas and Rs.1,20,000/- in Urban areas
- Beneficiary Age limit is from 18 years to 60 years
- Loan sanctioned to only one person in a family
- Loan applications are issued free of cost in District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Office, Joint Registrar of Co-operative Societies, District Central Co-op Banks.
Right to Information Act, 2005:
|District Level||Public Information Officer||Appellate Authority|
|District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer||District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer||District Revenue Officer|